Planmeca Oy announces intended acquisition of KaVo Treatment Unit & Instrument business

Planmeca Oy, one of the largest privately held manufacturers in the dental field, has entered into a binding contract to acquire the KaVo Treatment Unit & Instrument business from Envista Holdings Corporation. The acquisition will strengthen Planmeca’s and KaVo’s positions as leading providers of innovative dental solutions and increase Planmeca Group’s annual revenue to more than EUR 1,1 billion. 

Planmeca Oy announces intended acquisition of KaVo Treatment Unit & Instrument business

Press release Sep 07, 2021

The acquisition will complement Planmeca’s extensive product portfolio and enhance the growth and competitiveness of both companies, allowing them to offer the best possible modern digital workflow to dental professionals around the world. KaVo Treatment Unit & Instruments is a renowned manufacturer and supplier of dental care units and instruments with a strong worldwide brand presence.

Both companies will continue to operate as independent businesses, while future synergies will be sought in products, technology innovations and distribution network.

“This partnership will make us a very strong player in the dental field. I believe our companies are a great match – we share the same standards and passion for high technology, quality and innovation, and for offering a complete digital workflow for our customers. We also share similar company cultures with a strong family business heritage. Caring for our employees and focusing on our customers have always been important values for us both,” says Heikki Kyöstilä, the owner, founder and CEO of Planmeca Group.

The transaction is expected to close at the end of 2021. A 51 per cent stake of the KaVo Treatment Unit and Instrument business will be acquired by Planmeca Oy, and the remaining 49 per cent by Heikki Kyöstilä as a private individual. After acquisition completion, Planmeca Group will employ a total of 4,500 people worldwide.

Established in 1971, Planmeca Oy is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.

For press inquiries, please contact:
Maarit Vannas, Director, Marketing and Communications
Planmeca Oy
Tel. +358 20 779 5306


Related News