The new software version introduces a new background and a cleaner look.
The 6.1 software version is the first one that supports the brand new Planmeca Emerald™ S intraoral scanner.
This icon indicates that a Planmeca Emerald S is connected to the laptop.
DASH in the Scanner settings is available for the Planmeca Emerald S. With DASH, the scanning speed is increased due to a smaller field of view and less data collected. This is recommended for a full arch scan and other large scanning cases.
Full arch pattern
The Planmeca Emerald S DASH setting (under Scanner settings) is recommended for full arch scans. Select the setting and proceed to scanning.
1. Start on the distal surface of one side and scan the occlusal of the entire arch. On the anteriors, rotate back and forth from the lingual and facial.
2. Scan all of the buccal. 3. Scan all of the lingual.
4. Evaluate the model and rescan areas with low data, if necessary.
5. To aid automatic alignment, start the scans on the opposing molars and begin the buccal scan in the same quadrant.
Removal of unwanted data has been improved both during the scanning and processing. The Active Delete function is now significantly faster.
To remove any unwanted data you have scanned by accident (tongue, cheeck, blood etc.), turn the Active Delete on
and rescan the area.
When generating the model, the software will automatically remove the isolated islands of data (shown in dark blue).
Before the model is generated, areas with low data are higlighted in light blue.
This Show Edges function can be deactivated in the scanner settings.
The Shade Assistant feature only works with the Planmeca Emerald™ S and only with intraoral cases.
Click ICE View to see the scanned model in colours. Hover the mouse over the model to see the the tooth shade.
Two new button functions have been added. The full list of button controls are listed below.
Top and bottom button simultaneously
Hold down both buttons simultaneously to open the action menu. Point the scanner towards the screen and rotate the scanner clockwise or counter-clockwise to highlight the desired action and then release the buttons.
Multiple mill support
If you have multiple mills on your network, you can set them up in Settings.
On the Mill tab, you will now see a list of all available mills when you click on Send to Mill. Select the desired mill, choose the milling mode and then click on Send.
You can change the preferred mill in the Send to Mill pop-up window. Select the desired mill and then click on the Favorite button. This mill will appear on top of the list next time you select Send to Mill.
The new software versions support new materials.
The update introduces remarkably faster milling times for Planmeca PlanMill® 30 S – 35-45% faster average milling times including faster job generation, block measurement, and tool changing.
Planmeca FIT® chairside CAD/CAM system now includes a new possibility to design and mill implant restorations using Viteo® Base Ti abutment solution. This solution enables a smooth and efficient workflow from the scanning of a scan body to the manufacturing of a final hybrid abutment crown in one visit.
Viteo® Base Ti is a titanium bonding base for single tooth restorations. The special ”soft edge” design of the bonding surface is ideally suited for the Ivoclar Vivadent restoration materials and therefore supports a long-term clinical use.
Viteo® Base Ti is compatible with the most common implant systems. It is available in two sizes: small diameter (SD) and medium diameter (MD).
Read more and see the combination table in Ivoclar Vivadent's website >
In Planmeca PlanCAD® Easy
1. Choose Abutment at Setup tab.
2. Scan the arch paying attention to the emergence profile and contacts. Move to Scan body tab. Software suggests you to copy the previously scanned data. Erase the emergence profile area and scan the placed scan body carefully.
Scan the opposing arch and bite as usual.
3. In Margin tab, draw the emergence profile line.
4. Design the restoration as usual, continue to the Abutment design.
5. In Abutments view, choose the correct implant and material. Design the hybrid abutment crown. When you are ready, exit from the upper left corner.
6. Continue to Milling tab, simulate the work before sending it to the mill.
In Planmeca PlanMill® 40 S