Planmeca’s wide range of digital dental units includes customisable options for all university needs.
Powerful educational CAD/CAM tools to future dentists from fast scanning to sophisticated designing and efficient manufacturing.
Advanced 3D and 2D imaging equipment that offer a fascinating way to initiate students into the future of imaging, always at a low patient dose.
The most comprehensive dental software available, featuring various tools for all specialties from diagnosis to treatment planning.
Based on your vision, we create a modern learning environment with state-of-the-art equipment and features designed especially for educational use of university clinics. Our unmatched digital teaching concept offers the most advanced tools for modern dental education. The end result is an inspiring learning environment for students and a costefficient teaching model for dental institutions.
We offer different simulation solutions for all educational needs. Our approach is to create a modern learning environment that simulates real treatment situations and provides a smooth transition from preclinical to clinical work. All our solutions are suitable for teaching both two and fourhanded dentistry and instantly convertible from right to lefthanded use.
With Planmeca dental unit in clinical environment, simulations can be carried out with a phantom head or with a simulation head and torso. This solution offers flexible utilisation of space – the same clinic can be used for simulation and for normal treatments.
Planmeca bench simulation helps the students to learn the
correct working ergonomics and master proper infection
control routines from day one. The modular design fits into any
room layout and the same equipment can be used by dental
Our intraoral X-ray unit can be installed in a special lead-lined cabinet. Students can easily and safely practise intraoral techniques using a phantom head together with our intraoral sensors or imaging plates. The cabinet provides safe X-ray acquisition in the classroom and teaches the real workflows in endodontics and other special fields. The images are immediately available in Planmeca Romexis® software.
At the heart of all Planmeca products is our world-leading Romexis software that meets all the imaging, CAD/CAM and digital dental equipment management needs set by any dental education facility.
- Integration with practice management systems
- Integration with major educational systems like Axium and Salud
- Automatic exchange of referrals, images and interpretations
- Integration with various specialty software: Dolphin 3D, Simplant, NobelClinician
- Combine 2D, CBCT, 3D photo and CAD/CAM to create lifelike virtual patients
- Train realistic treatment workflows with intraoral simulation unit in classroom
- Planmeca mRomexis™ imaging application for iOS and Android devices
- Infection control
- Radiology process to enforce radiation hygiene
- Electronic approvals and gates
- Full audit trail with powerful reporting tools
- Powerful user and group management with Active Directory support
- Dental unit instrument use
- Automatic X-ray exposure values
- Integrated reject analysis
- Digitally compare student preparations to teacher benchmarks
Planmeca’s digital imaging solutions offer new teaching possibilities in radiology as well as improved radiation hygiene. The Romexis radiology approval process prevents unauthorised use of all radiation-emitting devices and guarantees a safe learning process.
Planmeca Romexis® Compare is a powerful self-assessment tool that enables students to evaluate and measure their work individually against a master template. From learning dental morphology through virtual digital waxing to comparing their work to their instructor’s chosen ‘ideal’ – students get detailed objective feedback so they can focus on perfecting their clinical skills.
- Open-architecture plug and play scanner/laptop based system for portability and flexibility in a dental school environment
- Hi-definition, video-like scanning technology for fast, efficient, and high-quality scanning
- Designed to assist in evaluating students’ work
- Immediate and objective feedback to faculty and students
- Provides students with a self-assessment evaluation tool
- Resolves faculty evaluation discrepancies
- Reduces time wasted in discussions of grade legitimacy, providing faculty with more time to focus on instructing students
- Calculate numerical evaluations based on faculty-controlled standards to provide truly objective outcomes
- Gather data and metrics for each student’s preparation – save in a spreadsheet format
All Planmeca dental units can be connected to Planmeca Romexis® Clinic Management software. It collects information of all dental unit usage and thus acts as a practical tool for student evaluation and scientific research. It allows storing personal dental unit settings, such as chair positions and instrument settings, and enables applying specified user restrictions for different user groups (e.g. more advanced options for post-graduate students).
In addition to our own products and services, we have a long history of working together with an extensive network of companies that provide specialised and complimentary solutions regarding, for example, water quality, haptic simulations and video streaming.
For more information, please contact